7.26.2012

Take Me There

L-R: Marlene, me, Tammy, Diane, Laura

This is a picture of some of the most precious ladies in my life.  For two years we shared, laughed, and cried together as we met as a married small group.  Those two years brought lots of dessert, several new babies, and a lot of heartache.  Two years and a few months later we're facing the biggest heartache of all.  Marlene (to my left), today left to be with the Lord.  Marlene and her husband led our group with great skill and humility even while fighting the cancer that was slowly taking Marlene's life.  I am so thankful for the gift of knowing this wonderful woman.  I am thankful that Mark and Marlene allowed us to have an intimate look into their lives as spouses, parents, and believers.  I'm am certain that the Lord was exceedingly kind in allowing me to see Marlene love Mark and their three sons.  Her example and encouragement has helped me to be a better wife and mother than I would be otherwise.

Marlene's greatest legacy, though, is in her love for the Lord.  In the midst of great pain and sorrow, when she would have every reason to pity herself, her eyes were turned to the Lord.  She was always quick to encourage, rebuke, and share a few jokes along the way.  This is a woman who truly believed and embraced, "Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?"  Today is bittersweet for those of us who knew Marlene and know the Lord.  So, while we grieve, we can also take comfort in knowing that all life and death is in His hands, and no mistake has he ever made with either of them.     



1 comment:

  1. beautiful caroline just beautiful and I couldn't agree more. How we will miss how and how much more I love for heaven today.

    ReplyDelete