8.15.2011

Where to start?

Well, it certainly has been some time since I posted last, but recent changes in the Sasnett household has left me few excuses.  Yes, I am no longer a US Senate employee.  I am very, very thankful that I have the privilege to stay at home and spend the majority of my time serving my husband and working to make this house a home.

And now to give a house update.

We started with some demolition and painting... but we've only gotten a few of the rooms painted.  I just can't decide on colors for the rest of the house!

A little basement demo...


With help from Dan and the Joneses...


Got us to this.  I still hate going to the basement, but at least there are no more cabinets for monsters to hide in.  


While the boys were tearing things down, we started doing this...






Goodbye rainbow, hello neutral!  Can you tell I like gray?

We also replaced the carpet in the master bedroom.  I think it needed it, don't you?

We also had a problem with our washer and dryer.  Well, the washer was okay, but the dryer wouldn't turn off.  It was very hard to keep up with laundry when many days our schedules didn't allow us to be home (and awake) to watch several loads of laundry.  So, we replaced our old appliances with these new babies...

I've been pinning laundry rooms in hopes of finding inspiration for this area.  Hopefully I'll figure something out soon.  I need something to lure me down to that scary basement... at least for the time it takes to wash some clothes.  And that is exactly what I'm going to do now... until next time!  


No comments:

Post a Comment