10.20.2010

Oh, please listen ladies and gents!

This post is good.  I mean, it's right on.

For a long time, I've had a hard time with the idea of "the one."  Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Joel.  I feel like the luckiest girl in the world to be married to him.  I am very positive that we made the right choice in marrying each other.  But, I would be lying if I said that he completes me... or that I couldn't have married someone else.  We could have married other people and still had good and God glorifying marriages--even if they might not have been as fun :).   

I don't want to restate what the post already says (go ahead, read it).  I just don't like that we keep perpetuating this lie of "the one."  Let's teach young girls to be Godly women and make Godly choices... they're going to learn enough about fairy tales elsewhere. 

1 comment:

  1. gracias- its beautiful. My friend CB put it this way " Do you trust that he is the Lord's provision for your life?" much better way of looking at the same question, but trusting the Lord to provide rather than trusting our limited earthly knowledge or silly rules for what "the one" means.

    ReplyDelete